Among the many names in India who have inspired us, former President late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam is one of the top names. For the teacher that he was, Dr Kalam was a true motivator for the youth. He not just taught us great things about education, but also a lot about life and success. Let’s take a look at few lessons about life and success that we learnt from Dr Kalam.
- You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
- Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.
- Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.
- Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
- We will be remembered only if we give to our younger generation a prosperous and safe India, resulting out of economic prosperity coupled with civilizational heritage.
- Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.
- Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.
- Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.
- If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.
- My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.